This privacy statement applies to the www.visualworkplace.com website. It does not necessarily apply to sites, services and products that link to this statement or that have their own privacy statements.
Cookies & Similar Technologies
We also use web beacons to help deliver cookies and compile analytics. These may include web beacons from third-party service providers.
You have a variety of tools to control cookies and similar technologies, including:
- Browser controls to block and delete cookies
- Advertising controls to opt out of receiving behaviorally targeted ads and
- Controls from some analytics service providers to opt out of data collection through web beacons.
Information We Collect
Visual Thinking Inc. collects several kinds of information in order to operate effectively and provide you the best products, services and experiences we can. Some of this information you provide directly to us, such as in completing surveys we may send you. Some of it we get by observing how you interact with our products and services. Some of it is available from other sources that we may combine with the data we collect directly. Regardless of the source, we believe it is important to treat that information with care and to help you maintain your privacy.
What we collect:
- Registration: When you sign up to use our site or services you may be required to provide information about yourself, such as your name, company, and postal code.
- Signing in: To access some of our services, you will need to sign in with an email address and password, which we refer to as your account.
- Using our sites and services: We collect information that tells us how you interact with our services, including the browser you’re using, your IP (Internet Protocol) address, location, cookies or other unique IDs, the pages you visit and features you use.
How we collect:
We use a number of methods and technologies to gather information about how you use our sites and services, such as:
- Web forms, such as when you type information into a registration form or type a search query into a search box.
- Technologies like cookies and web beacons
- Web logging, which enables us to collect the standard information your browser sends to every website you visit – such as your IP address, browser type and language, and the site you came from – as well as the pages you visit and the links you click while using our sites and services.
- Software installed on your computer or other device, which may send back information needed to operate, update or improve that software.
How We Use Your Personal Information
We use the information we collect to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer.
We also may use the information to communicate with you, for example, informing you when a subscription is ending or letting you know when you need to take action to keep your account active.
We may use your email address to inform you about our services, such as letting you know about upcoming changes or improvements.
Reasons We Share Your Personal Information
We may share or disclose personal information with affiliates, and with vendors or agents working on our behalf. For example, companies we’ve hired to provide customer service support or assist in protecting and securing our systems and services may need access to personal information in order to provide those functions.
Finally, we may access, disclose and preserve your personal information, including your private content when we have a good faith belief that doing so is necessary to:
- comply with applicable law or respond to valid legal process from competent authorities, including from law enforcement or other government agencies;
- protect our customers, for example to prevent spam or attempts to defraud users of the services, or to help prevent the loss of life or serious injury of anyone;
- operate and maintain the security of our services, including to prevent or stop an attack on our computer systems or networks;
- detect, prevent or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues.
- enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations.
We may share aggregated, non-personally identifiable information publicly and with our partners – like publishers, advertisers or connected sites. For example, we may share information publicly to show trends about the general use of our services.
Accessing Your Personal Information
Some of our services give you the ability to view or edit your personal information online. To help prevent your personal information from being viewed by others, you first will be required to sign in. The method(s) for accessing your personal information will depend on which sites or services you have used.
You can contact Visual Thinking Inc. by using the Contact Us form on our website. We will respond to requests to access or delete your personal information within 30 days.
Display of Advertising
When we display online advertisements to you, we will place one or more cookies on your computer in order to recognize your computer each time we display an ad to you.
You may set your browser to block all cookies, including cookies associated with our services or to indicate when a cookie is being set by us. However, it’s important to remember that many of our services may not function properly if your cookies are disabled.
If you receive promotional email messages from us and would like to stop getting them in the future, you can do so by following the directions in that message.
Payment Data is the information that you provide when you make online purchases. This may include your payment instrument number (e.g., credit card, PayPal), your name and billing address, and the security code associated with your payment instrument (e.g., the CSV or CVV). This section provides additional information regarding the collection and use of your payment information.
Payment Data is used to complete your transaction, as well as for the detection and prevention of fraud. In support of these uses, Visual Thinking Inc. may share your Payment Data with banks and other entities that process payment transactions or other financial services, and for fraud prevention and credit risk reduction.
When you provide Payment Data while logged in with your Visual Thinking Inc. or organizational account we will store some of that data to help you complete future transactions.
After you close your account or remove a payment instrument, however, Visual Thinking Inc. may retain your payment instrument data for as long as reasonably necessary to complete your existing transaction, to comply with Visual Thinking Inc.’s legal and reporting requirements, and for the detection and prevention of fraud.
How to Contact Us
- By mail: Visual Thinking Inc.
- By Phone: 503-232-1784
- By email: [email protected]
Changes to Our Privacy Statements