C3 Visual Problem-Solving
Comprehensive Solutions That Last
If your problems are chronic, costly, and complex, if you want every employee to be a problem-solver, if cross-functional thinking is a cultural goal for your company, if you want solutions that last… then learn our ScoreBoard Method.
Many standard problem-solving approaches seek root-cause or silver-bullet solutions. That may work for snags and simplistic troubles—but what will help your company solve chronic, complex, costly problems that require comprehensive solutions that last?
Welcome to the 3C-Visual Problem-Solving Methodology
The 3C-Visual Problem-Solving Methodology* is a robust process that is designed to let companies:
- a) Systematically solve chronic, complex, and costly problems (aka, 3C problems);
- b) Implement many levels of sustainable solutions; and
- c) Build high-performing, cross-functional teams.
* Previously called “The ScoreBoarding Method.”
During the 3-Day Training Workshop.
The 3C-Method is driven through project teams, following 3C’s step-by-step process of detailed problem analysis, interactive solution-making, and accountability that promotes team and individual follow-through.
- Many 3C-Projects focus on persistent lead-time issues, such as bad quality and/or low productivity.
- 3C’s highly-structured method is ideal for reliably finding and achieving innovative outcomes—for example, related to product and process development and design.
- 3C-Projects are devised to achieve their targets within 90 days.
- Incremental targets are installed for longer-term outcomes.
- 3C-Teams focus on systematic fact-finding, not fault-finding—and comprehensive solution-making, not mere brainstorming or jumping to conclusions.
- Problems are deliberately segmented to make them small enough for teams to get their arms around and solve thoroughly.
- Causes are systematically linked to solutions which are then vetted, tested, and tracked before adoption.
- While some solutions are low-risk/low-effort, others are high-impact and need the careful deployment that the 3C-Method systematically provides.
- Project teams learn to work with discipline, self-accountability, and a bias for action.
- The highly-visual/highly-structured 3C-Diagram is at the heart of the 3C’s visual problem-solving process.
- Using a visual paradigm of human behavior, specific 3C steps are taken to ensure that all solutions are visually deployed and visually sustainable.
- Through the 3C-Method, many key high-performance practices become a part of the company improvement mind-set—including a growing allegiance to the process (not to home departments) and a commitment to the next operation as the customer.
The 3C-Process builds improvement leadership on enterprise, department, and personal levels.
The 3C-Workshop is best attended by improvement-minded people who want to lead improvement projects that promote and deploy systematic problem-solving and solution-making that lasts. The three workshop days are specifically designed for companies that want to train managers, supervisors, team leads, engineers, trainers, and/or CI specialists in a structured problem-solving method that is highly visual, led, and collaborative. Actual 3C-Projects are launched as part of this workshop.
Your 3C-Workshop is an intense, 3-Day hands-on training.
- On day-1, participants learn core 3C-concepts and principles. Then they focus on the 10 Steps of the 3C-Visual Problem-Solving Method. They build a 3C-Diagram for their own problem projects.
- On the second day, participants complete their 3C-Diagrams. Then they learn and practice 3C-Project Leader behaviors: a) for developing Cause Cards that describe their 3C-Problem in detail; and b) for generating robust solutions to their 3C-Problems.
- During day-3, not less than three pairs of 3C-Project Leaders launch their first 3-C Sessions in real-time, teamed with the actual employees who will engage in solving the associated 3C-Problems. Teams activate their 3C-Diagrams.
- The workshop concludes with mapping out next steps.
- Group size: Seven pairs of 3C-Project Leaders/Assistant Leaders, pre-selected by the company to solve its most pressing problems.
- 14 active participants (up to 10 non-active observers are permitted)
Your fee includes.
- Five onsite follow-up visits, during which we observe, support, and troubleshoot the problem-solving progress of each of your five to seven 3C-Projects.
- Two online coaching sessions with Dr. Galsworth providing clarification, reinforcement training, and troubleshooting.
- A complete 3C-Visual Problem-Solving Participant Manual for each active participants and observers (150 pages).
- A digital 3C-Resource Folio with electronic forms, exercises, checklists, and print-ready 3C-Digrams which you can produce at will.
Kindly contact us with your questions or when you are ready to schedule your first 3C-Visual Problem-Solving Workshop. Contact us.