Mistake-Proofing for Perfect Quality
Have you struggled with courses that show you what mistake-proofing is—but never teach you how to do it… or teach others? Our method teaches you the logic, principles, concepts, tools, and protocols of mistake-proofing so you develop poka-yoke solutions for your company that last—and you teach others. Plus you have access to a vast library of examples to support your learning.
Until now, it could take years for a company to develop even a modest level of skill in mistake-proofing. Even then, what you learned usually drew upon out-of-date concepts and tools that were as hard to recall as to apply—and never addressed the real problem.
Now learn how to permanently eliminate defects from design and production through our poka-yoke pathway: Mistaking Proofing for Perfect Quality (MP).
This comprehensive methodology was co-developed by leading experts, Dr. Martin Hinckley (author/Make No Mistake) and Dr. Gwendolyn Galsworth (author/Smart Simple Design; Work That Makes Sense; et alia).
Through it, you and your teams learn how to eliminate defects permanently through mistake-proofing. Watch your design and process teams grow stronger, more aligned, and more effective. Watch your quality soar.
Contrary to popular notions, variation is not the source of defects—mistakes are. Rely on statistical process control, and you will be disappointed. The key to perfect product and process quality is SMS: Simplify, Mistake-proof, and Set Settings. It’s time to rethink your approach because quality can not only be free: It can pay back.
THREE WAYS: Choose any of three these ways to bring the power of Mistaking Proofing for Perfect Quality into your company—or combine them:
ONE: Arrange for Dr. Hinckley to train your teams in MP.
TWO: Arrange for Dr. Hinckley to train your in-house trainers so they can train and support MP in your organization.
- Our online MP System is narrated by Dr. Martin Hinckley.
Whether taught by Dr. Hinckley or your in-house trainers, the heart of our MP approach is eight modules of learning that teach engineers and quality technicians*: a) why variation is not only the source of your quality problems; and b) why Six Sigma is not capable of either finding or solving problems—and succeeds in barely 5% of its applications.
* While we designed this course for engineers, many clients use it to train operators as well—with equally remarkable results.
Next, they learn and apply our systematic “SMS Method/Simplify, Mistake-proof, and Set Settings” that trains your teams how to find, improve or even eliminate the real source of your quality problems: complexity, mistakes, and adjustments
Finally, your teams learn to efficiently develop robust solutions to real quality problems in your company, using our “5×5 Tools”—five powerful protocols that solutions that last.
Unlike other approaches to mistake-proofing, our method doesn’t just show you examples. Instead, we teach you the logic, method, and process behind the solutions so you—and others—can learn to create innovative solutions to ALL your own quality challenges, reliably, repeatedly, precisely.
- MP Resource Folio: a trove of forms, files, hit lists, checklists, and exercises you can customize and print on your own
- The MP Participant Manual and twelve full-color MP Instructional Wall Charts (re-produce on your own)
- Two online coaching sessions with Dr. Hinckley
Content: Mistake-Proofing for Perfect Quality
Eight Training Modules
- Why Most Quality Control Fails
- The Exceptional Challenge of Mistakes
- The SMS Method to World-Class Quality
- Preventing Mistakes through Simplicity
- Secrets to Mistake-Proofing Devices (part 1)
- Secrets to Mistake-Proofing Devices (part 2)
- Perfect Settings Every Time
- Great Solutions Deployed Every Time