Now learn how to permanently eliminate defects from design and production through our powerful SMS Method for Engineers.
Co-developed by leading experts, Dr. Martin Hinckley (author of Make No Mistake) and Dr. Gwendolyn Galsworth (author of Smart Simple Design and Work That Makes Sense), this comprehensive eight-module training course teaches you and your engineers how to eliminate defects permanently through mistake-proofing—from concept to consumer, from design to operations. Watch your design and process engineering teams grow stronger, more aligned, and more effective—and your quality soar!
On-demand and at a price point every company can afford. Purchase any of the eight individual modules or the complete system.
Receive the following FREE when you buy the complete WTMS System
- The Mistake-Proofing Management Briefing, a 20-minute overview webinar
- The Mistake-Proofing Resource Folio with customizable forms, files, hit lists, checklists, and exercises you can customize and print
- Twelve full-color Instructional Wall Charts (special printing)
Contrary to popular notions, variation is not the source of defects—mistakes are. Complexity is. Rely on statistical process control and you will be disappointed. The key to perfect product and process quality is our SMS methdology: Simplify, Mistake-proof, and Set Settings. It’s time to rethink your approach because quality should not only be free. It should pay!
Until now, it could take years for a company to develop skill in mistake-proofing. Even then, what you learned usually endorsed out-of-date concepts and tools that were as hard to recall as to apply—and never addressed the real problem.
Core Learning Outcomes
- Learn why variation is not only the source of your quality problems—but why Six Sigma is not capable of either finding or solving them and succeeds in barely 5% of its applications
- Learn and apply our systematic SMS Method (6-Step +1) to identify and eliminate the source of your quality problems: Complexity, Mistakes, and Adjustments
- Learn how to develop efficiently develop robust solutions to actual quality problems in your company through our 5X5 Tools
Unlike other approaches to mistake-proofing, our method doesn’t just show you examples. We teach you the logic, the method, and the system behind the solutions so you can independently create innovative solutions to ALL your own quality challenges–reliably, repeatedly, and precisely.